The duties of this position include the following; these duties may be modified and other duties may be assigned to meet the needs of the business:
Exercise discretion and independent judgment in the management of all aspects of building design, planning and construction.
OVERALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE PROJECT:
- Profitability; maximize our opportunities
- Forecasting; provide accurate information as to actual costs.
- Completion; finish when we are committed to be done.
SUBCONTRACTS AND MATERIAL SUPPLIERS FOR THE PROJECT:
- Finalize scope for all trades.
- Negotiate durations of activities to meet master CPM schedule.
- Negotiate final subcontract agreement.
- Negotiate firm delivery dates for critical materials.
- Incorporate safety issues into subcontract agreements.
- Track executed contracts and insurance from subcontractors until they are complete
- Assist Accounting in promptly obtaining progress or final releases as required for payment.
- Communicate timely notifications (delays, authorizations, etc.)
- Establish and maintain project procurement log and update on a weekly basis.
- Expedite and track subcontractor submittals.
- Identify colors needing selection. Obtain samples requiring approvals.
- Send notice letters (Timberline) to Subcontractors missing the original submittal date.
- Send notification to Architects who are taking too long on review.
- Verify that critical delivery dates are indicated in project schedule.
- Distribute and track current construction documents.
- Establish critical path (logic and durations). Master schedule for project. Coordinate with project superintendent if available.
- Identify critical delivery dates.
- Manage updates and revisions as needed. Update a minimum of once a month. Incorporate applicable delays (weather, sub, owner, and architect change orders, etc.).
OWNER CLIENT MAINTENANCE:
- Provide Team leadership.
- Establish and lead weekly owner meeting. Write and distribute weekly meeting minutes.
- Provide a proactive approach to head off or quickly resolve any potential problems.
- Negotiate owner change orders and quotations fairly.
- Insist on above industry standard of quality for our work.
- Develop and manage project logs (procurement, R.F.I., Q.O.C., O.C.O. These are to be issued at weekly Owner meetings.)
- Track and obtain owner payments within 21 days.
- Close out project within 30 days after owner occupancy (punch list, owner payment, subcontractor payments).
- Contact client at 30, 60, 180-day intervals after final payment, and again at the end of 1 year from the completion date of the project.
PROVIDE SUPPORT TO THE FIELD:
- Select Subcontractors that are capable to perform the project.
- Complete buyout timely and thoroughly.
- Resolve disputes with subcontractors immediately.
- Maintain flow of documentation to ensure prompt payments to Subcontractors (this includes Owner and Subcontractor change orders).
- Identify and obtain permits as quickly as possible.
- Assist in resolving onsite safety issues.
- Attend any onsite meeting that may be required to resolve issues.
MANAGE, TEACH, LEAD AND ASSIST:
- Provide clear guidance to team(s).
- Set dates for delegated work to be complete. Monitor weekly.
- Outline project log duties.
- Ability to take-off, budget and bid work in both a competitive bid and negotiated environment/delivery method.
MARKETING & BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
- Lead and assist team on the marketing and business development of future work thru the participation and involvement of industry user-groups and networking.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Preferred:
- Ability to train, manage and effectively delegate work to project team.
- Ability to satisfactorily resolve conflict and address project and performance concerns.
- Duties require good judgment, initiative andability todeal with last-minute changes or critical issues.
- Strong focus on client service.
- Strong time management and organizational abilities. Detail oriented.
- Exceptional written andverbal communication skills. Strong knowledge of project management and accounting principles relating to construction industry.
- Solid proficiency in all Microsoft Office Products; knowledge of Timberline PJ, Suretrak, and other computer applications helpful.
- Understands Wespac’s Code of Ethics and incorporates into daily activities.
Education and Experience Preferred:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, in such disciplines as Business, Architecture or Construction Management.
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years of construction experience.
- Knowledge of construction Project Management/Accounting-related software applications.
- Knowledge of BIM and Navisworks software applications.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please.